I didn't say I thought he did a good job. In fact I think he did a really poor job as president. That doesn't automatically mean that I have to think things are going much better now, because they aren't we have traded Tweedle-dum for Tweedle-dee.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
I really think that's unfair to Obama...really, he inherited a worse situation than any President-elect has in at least 80 years...possibly longer than that. I know the man is a politician, and they are not to be trusted. But, at the same time, we as a nation DEPEND on his success or failure IMO. Folks want to point out that he has spent a lot of money, but let's not forget who was the sitting President when the first stimulus was signed into law. And, let's not forget that that same President spent more money in 8 years than nearly all the other presidents combined had spent. All the while he was cutting taxes and ensuring that a larger portion of debt he ran up would be laid out for future generations to repay because of the lost revenue from the slashed taxes...and let's not forget that he was able to do this largely because he had a GOP controlled congress for his first 6 years in office who was more than willing to do his bidding and run OUR NATION into the ground in the process... And, furthermore, let's not forget that he dragged us into a NEEDLESS was in Iraq. So, IMO you have traded in Tweedle-Dee, but the jury on Obama is still out...and will be until he has left office. I firmly believe that future generations will end up viewing Obama as one of America's great presidents in terms of what he will be able to accomplish during his time in office. And, I think Dubya will always be at or close to the bottom with Hoover. Which, IMO, is right where he belongs.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks